Episode #6: How to Run a Transparent Business with Ashlynn Haynes of Paper Laundry
Ashlynn Haynes is the co-founder and co-owner of Paper Laundry, a creative strategy and branding studio in Denver, Colorado. Ashlynn and business partner Cara bring clean design and engaging copy to clients ranging from restaurants, music festivals, and wellness entrepreneurs—like Tara! If you've seen the killer design (that totally matches Tara's personality) on TaraLaferrara.com, you've gotten a glimpse of Ashlynn's work.
The daughter of two business owners, Ashlynn always knew she wanted to be an entrepreneur. She tells us about how she left her old agency, how she learned to price what she's worth, and ultimately how she transformed her business into an award-winning agency (congrats ladies!).
Discussed in This Episode:
- Why she is 100% transparent with everyone involved in her business—including contractors or freelancers
- How she sticks to her guns as a self-described "push-over"
- How she finds pre-launch clients
- That one time she really wanted to throw in the towel and say, "I quit."
- How she realized she was low-balling her pricing
- When her and co-founder Cara switched to a divide-and-conquer strategy
- Why she doesn't believe in "emergencies"
- The tools she uses to run an effective business
Find Ashlynn and Paper Laundry
Paper Laundry online
Paper Laundry on Pinterest
Paper Laundry on Facebook
Paper Laundry on Instagram