5 Ways to Crush Your 2018 Goals
Everyone is in this “New Year, New Me” thing and I’m over here like, what about the awesome “old” you?! You were a badass then and you are a badass now. You don’t need a new year to change a habit, you need to be willing and inspired to change that habit. All last week I listened to the Gary Vee podcast and felt really inspired to get after it for 2018. After some NYE antics, I didn't start my first day of the year how I thought I was going to. I can listen and stoke the fire as much as I want, but if I’m not ready and willing to put in the work, my goals will be just that, goals that will sit in a notebook. So while I want to help you with all of your goals this year, I am holding myself accountable to pursue my DREAMS. You still with me?
- Work Hard. Pursue your passion with hustle and grind. Are you really good at something but don’t think you are good enough to make that dream come to life? Change your mindset and get to work. We are so lucky to live in a time of the Internet and what it is today. You can literally do whatever work you want to do from your computer. Don’t believe me? Dude, you gotta check out the Gary Vee Audio Experience. You have to put in the work though. Things will not be handed to you on a silver platter, so instead of staying out late at night and being a hungover lazy bum the next day, skip the cocktails and go work your ass off.
- Be Patient. I have to work on this every day of my life. For almost my whole life, I told myself that I wasn’t a patient person. Turns out that if you keep telling yourself something over and over again, it’s really hard to change that pattern. Tell yourself that you are patient, respect the process, and keep grinding.
- Take Care of Yourself. Get the amount of sleep you need to feel recharged everyday. On average, that is 6-8 hours a night, some need more and some can handle less. Drink all of the water. At least 80oz every single day. I live in a drier climate and am constantly moving, so my goal every day is 120oz. Exercise often. You know me so I can’t stress this enough. Whatever you do, just move. It doesn’t matter if it’s dancing around your kitchen with your kids for an hour or doing a 45 minute HIIT workout with me or doing yoga at your favorite studio. Sweat, have fun, and move your body. Eat Good Shit. This is a whole different blog post, but put good things in your body. Stuff that makes you feel good, healthy, and can keep you feeling good throughout the day. And most importantly, be mindful of what you are eating and why!
- Write It Down. I wrote down my top ten goals this year. A couple of them are small, and I broke it down by month, and then I have a few very audacious goals, like being in a magazine and doing a backflip. If you write your goals down, put them in front of you, work hard, and manifest them– you’ll do it. I promise.
- Final point, BELIEVE in yourself. The second you tell yourself you are not good enough, surround yourself with negative people and vibes, the harder things will be to accomplish. It’s a fact. Do you have people in your life that don’t support one of your biggest goals and desires? Figure out why and how you can spend less time with them. You have to believe that you can first.
There are so many other ways you can kick ass this year, I just know it. But these five resources can be on the top of your list. Do you have any others that always work for you? I would love to hear them in the comments below!